CARPE DIEM What we can do to sincerely practice “Live in the moment”
As the name suggests, Carpe Diem Okinawa has the best instructors to support all members to live their best life in the present moment.
We have prepared the best instructors to support all our members to live their best life now.
Jiu-Jitsu is a sport that can be improved at any age.
The day you decide you want to start is the best starting point for you.
Join us and start walking this amazing Jiu-Jitsu story and live your best now.
Jiu-Jitsu head Instructor/ Black belt
|Date of Birth||10 July 1972|
|Place of Birth||Paranaguá, Brazil|
- He has had a good reputation for winning by ippon since he was MMA. Even in Jiu-Jitsu teaching, he has pursued to mastering a useful skill without compromise. When he lived in Tokyo, he had training instruction experience from actors to professional fighter, and after moving to Okinawa in 2019, he taught Jiu-Jitsu at the dojo in the US military base.
- My hobbies are gardening, collecting seashells, and my family. I grew up in the great outdoors of Brazil, and I want my precious family to have many experiences through nature as well. I am very happy to be the member of “CARPEDIEM (which means seize the day)” by moving to Okinawa.
- Former ZST Professional fighter (MMA)
- All Japan Shooto Grappling Champion
- AAll Japan Pancrase Grappling Champion
- ADCC Kanto・cup Champion
- All Japan Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Champion (Black belt/ Feather weight)
- All Japan Master Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Champion (Black belt/ Feather weight)
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu ASIA Cup Champion (Black belt/ Feather weight)
- IBJJF WORLD MASTER Third Place (Black belt/ Feather weight)
Jiu-Jitsu Instructor/ Black belt
|Date of Birth||1983|
- He started practicing Judo since he was a child, and and in high school he competed in the Inter High School championships and National Athletic Meet.
When he became a university student, he became interested in martial arts and was ranked 3rd in Japan in amateur Shooto.
After turning professional, he participated in many famous tournaments such as Sengoku, DEEP and ZST and fights more than 20 games.
He quitted Jiu-jitsu once due to injures but resumed training Jiu-Jitsu again.
Then he got blackbelt from Hayato Mach Sakurai who is a pro MMA. Now He is feeding back the experience of training in CARPEDIEM Aoyama headquarter to CARPEDIEM Okinawa.
- My hobbies are walking my dog and cleaning.
My dog loves to enjoy walking, and he doesn’t care whether it’s raining or windy.
Walking on a rainy day is sometimes hard, but I love that time because it makes me feel relieved when I see him enjoying himself.
I also make it a routine to clean my room every morning, as it tends to get dirty and messy, which causes me stress.
- Márcio Santos’s Brazilian jiu-jitsu instrutor history and records
Started Brazilian jiu-jitsu in 2004 at Manimal Jiu-jitsu Team with Roberto Cunha Sensei
Brazilian jiu-jitsu blue, purple and brown belt under Roberto Muniz Cunha 5th degree at
IBJJF international Brazilian jiu-jitsu federation brown belt member # 443.242
IPJJF international Professional Brazilian jiu-jitsu federation brown belt member # 001527
CBJJE Brazilian sportive jiu-jitsu federation brown belt member # AT73684
JBJJF Japan Brazilian jiu-jitsu federation brown belt member
Member of Judo masters Bahia: middle weight master III. Salvador Bahia institute of judo
- LJJR ( liga de jiu-jítsu do Recôncavo) brown belt middle weight Champion 2022/01
- Brazil’s cup of jiu-jitsu 2022/03 , brown belt middle weight 2th place
- CBJJ ( confederação baiana de jiu-jítsu) , promoted as jiu-jítsu referee 2019/07
- Coalition’s CUP Jiu-Jitsu 2022/04 ( copa coalizão de jiu-jítsu), brown belt middle weight 2th place.
- Currently student of fisical education at university of UNOPAR ( Universidade Norte do Paraná) !!!
|Date of Birth||October 8,1982|
|Place of Birth||Uruma,Okinawa|
- I was a member of the basketball team in elementary, junior high, and high school. And although I had no specific martial arts experience, I started fighting at the age of 29 as a fitness activity and enjoyed it so much that I actively competed in amateur tournaments, making my first appearance in amateur Shuto in 2019 and grabbing a professional promotion that same year.
In 2020, I made my professional debut in Shuto, and in 2021 I competed in QUINTET, which is produced by Kazushi Sakuraba.
I hope to convey the message that grappling, jiu-jitsu can be enjoyed no matter what age you start, and that you can become stronger if you work diligently.
- I love sneakers and making things.
I like cooking, sweets, accessories, dog collars and harnesses, custom sneakers, and other things that I want to make.
- Ryukyu Free Fight vol.3
Champion of Grappling Beginner Women’s Light Featherweight
- Toryukumon vol.1
-55kg women’s grappling tournament Champion
- Jiu-Jitsu Priest Cup 2014 Okinawa
Women’s No-Gear Adult Beginner Absolut Class Champion
- Ryukyu Free Fight vol.4
Grappling advance women’s light featherweight Champion
- OKINAWA WakuWaku Fight vol.6
Champion of women’s grappling indiscriminate weight tournament
- Ryukyu Free Fight vol.10
Wins grappling advance women’s light featherweight tournament
Jiu-Jitsu White Belt Women’s Lightweight Champion
- BJJ-OKINAWA ChampionSHIPS2017
Jiu-Jitsu White Belt Women’s -59kg Champion
- COPA Las Conchas 2018 OKINAWA
Women’s Adult Blue Belt Light Feather Champion
- Ryukyu Free Fight vol.12
Grappling Advanced Women’s Flyweight Champion
- 2nd Okinawa Amateur Shuto Championship
Women’s strawweight Champion
- 26th All Japan Amateur Shuto Championship
Women’s atomweight 3rd place
- Professional record
3 fights, 1 win, 1 loss, 1 minute
Participated in QUINTET FIGHT NIGHT 6
- Ryukyu Free Fight vol.3
|Date of Birth||September 7,2006|
|Place of Birth||Ginowan,Okinawa|
- I started learning karate at the age of 4, and started jujitsu in the second grade of elementary school.
To improve my technique, I also learned boxing on the way.
When I entered junior high school, I switched from karate to kickboxing, and while continuing to practice jiu-jitsu, I practice every day with the goal of becoming an MMA Champion.
I would like to learn more about coaching kids and teach them techniques in a fun way.
- On my days off, I like to tinker with motorcycles.
As for food, I like meat, sashimi, and ramen.
2012 Fighting Open Tournament All Okinawa Karate Tournament, 2nd place
2015 22nd All Okinawa Karate Tournament, 3rd place
ASJJF -DUMAU OKINAWA INTERNATIONAL OPEN TOURNAMENT 2015 (Gray Belt / Lightweight – 27.6kg) 2nd Place
JJFJ Hickson Gracie Cup International Jiu-Jitsu Tournament 2016 (Gray Belt/Featherweight – 30kg) 2nd Place
ASJJF -DUMAU OKINAWA INTERNATIONAL OPEN TOURNAMENT 2017 (Ash belt / Featherweight – 29.5kg) 2nd place
K-SPIRIT All Okinawa Amateur Kickboxing Tournament
2017 Junior Title Match 25kg Champion
JJFJ Hixon Gracie Cup International Jiu-Jitsu Tournament 2018 (gray belt/lightweight -36kg) Champion
COPA LAS CONCHAS JIU JITSU OKINAWA 2018 (Ash Belt / Roosterweight – 31.7kg) 2nd PlaceKRAZY BEE JIU JITSU CUP OKINAWA 2018 (Gray belt / Rooster weight – 31.7kg) Champion
ASJJF -OKINAWA INTERNATIONAL OPEN ChampionSHIP 2018 (Yellow Belt/Featherweight – 36.2kg) Champion
OKINAWA OPEN JIU JITSU ChampionSHIP 2018 (Yellow Belt/Featherweight – 36.2kg) Champion
GRAPPLERS LEAGUE CHALLENGE OKINAWA JAPAN 2018 (10-l2YEAR OLDS / -35kg) Champion, Kids MVP
COPA LAS CONCHAS JIU JITSU OKINAWA 2019 (Yellow Belt / Lightweight -40.8kg) Champion
SJJJF Pre-Jujitsu Koshien 2021
Yellow Belt Featherweight (-57.2kg) 2nd Place
2022 Ryukyu Free Fight vol16
Grappling 2 fights, 2 wins
Amateur Shuto Okinawa Championship
2022 (Strawweight -52.2kg) Champion
|Date of Birth||Actober 12,2008|
|Place of Birth||Ginowan,Okinawa|
- I started karate at the age of 5 and continued for 6 years until the 4th grade. In the 2nd grade, I started Jiu-Jitsu under the influence of my father and older brother, and I have never lost a match in Okinawa. With the support of everyone in kickboxing, I have won the prefectural title two years in a row.
Recently, I have also joined MMA classes and have been training hard every day.
I have decided to take a gymnastics class and hope to have fun practicing with the kids.
ASJJF -DUMAU OKINAWA INTERNATIONAL OPEN TOURNAMENT 2016 (White Belt / Roosterweight – 20.5kg) Champion
ASJJF -DU skin UOKINAWA INTERNATIONAL OPEN TOURNAMENT 2017 (Gray Belt / Featherweight – 24.0kg) Champion
JJFJ-Hickson Gracie Cup International Jiu-Jitsu Tournament 2018 (Gray Belt / Roosterweight – 24.0kg) Champion
JJFJ-Hickson Gracie Cup International Jiu-Jitsu Tournament 2018 (ALL BELT/ABSOLUTE) 3rd place
COPA LAS CONCHAS JIU JITSU OKINAWA 2018 (Gray Belt/Roosterweight – 25.0kg) Champion
KRAZY BEE JIU JITSU CUP OKINAWA 2018 (Gray Belt/Featherweight – 29.5kg) Champion
ASJJF -OKINAWA INTERNATIONAL OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP 2018 (Gray belt/Featherweight – 29.5kg) Champion
OKINAWA OPEN JIU JITSU CHAMPIONSHIP 2018 (Gray belt / Featherweight – 29.5kg) ChampionGRAPPLERS LEAGUE CHALLENGE OKINAWA JAPAN 2018
(10-12 YEAR OLDS / -25kg) Champion
COPA LAS CONCHAS JIU JITSU OKINAWA 2019 (Gray Belt / Roosterweight -27.2kg) Champion
JJFJ All Japan Jiu Jitsu Championships 2019
Yellow Belt LIGHT FEATHER -33.2kg 2nd Place
40th All Okinawa Amateur Kickboxing Tournament – Junior Title Match
SJJJF 4th All Japan Jiu-Jitsu Kids Championship Tournament 2021
Yellow belt Featherweight -44kg 2nd place
42nd All Okinawa Amateur Kickboxing Tournament, Junior Title Match
2022 -40kg Champion
- She started dancing when she was a child, and after making her major debut with a dance unit in 1999 with a dance unit, she became a regular performer on dance programs and was active as a model. She has been the exclusive instructor for model Jun Hasegawa, former professional golfer Miho Koga, and talent Laura in the past.
After more than 20 years of teaching experience as a professional dancer, in 2009 she learned anatomy to understand the mechanism of muscles and how to use the body from the cause of her injury and acquired qualification of Pilates instructor. She produced “Chichita Studio Harajuku”, a studio that provides one-on-one lessons tailored to individual problems at a reasonable price. She is also focusing on training instructors as a master trainer of the “JSI Association” to develop human resources who can teach how to use her body correctly.
She is also very popular among working women because her self-produced skeletal fitness “Pyradance” has become famous on YouTube. She also provides pelvic correction programs for corporate training, and has been featured in magazines such as “Domani” and “JELLY”, and on TV programs such as “Nana-sta”.
- I turned my hobby into a job, so the answer is my job. I love dancing and teaching how to use the body to keep beautiful. I also love time spending with my family.
psychology counselor by JIM Association
FTP Basic Mat Pilates Instructor International License
First-class Body Care Therapist license
JMA First-class Prenatal Yoga instructor
JSIA First-class Postural Stability master trainer
List of media appearances
She has 32 years of dance experience
(Jazz 6 years, Lock/Soul 4 years, HIPHOP 20 years, House 5 years, Salsa 7 years)
- Live/Stage Performances
* Ulfuls Back Dancer
* Mitsuhiro Oikawa Back Dancer
* In 1999 Major debut from King Records as a dance member of the dance unit B-LAND
* In 1999 DANCE DELIGHT National Tournament 6 qualifying guest appearances
* JOE performance in Japan Front Act
* ZOO FUNK Back Dancer
* RIZIN dancer
TV Tokyo “Rave2001”
TV Tokyo “What’s Up”
TV Tokyo “BLOOM”☆DVD☆
“Dance Style Vivid”
“Broken Dance Artist Films: Vol.3”
“DABDAB – TOKYO STREET DANCE –”
In 2005 Campaign dancer and model for Nike Women
In 2007 Model for Magazine “Dance Style”
In 2009 Model for clothing brand “GESTS”
☆Music Video/TV commercials☆
In 2010 COSMOCCOS/Alien
In 2011 Music Video “eyes with AK-69 & JESSE(RIZE)” by ALLY & DIAZ
In 2013 Music Video “Odorina” by CORN HEAD feat. Cherry Brown